Only graduates of the following CCE approved Chiropractic Colleges are eligible for Maryland licensure:
The Following Requirements MUST be met by every Applicant - No Exceptions or Waivers, including, scores, fee, and time deadlines, Each Applicant Must:
All applicants must pass the NBCE Examination, Parts I through IV. Maryland’s minimum qualifying scores for these are:
a) 375 for Parts I, II, III and IV; and b) minimum score of 375 for the Physiotherapy Examination (if seeking PT privileges).
All applicants must achieve these minimum passing scores on all parts of the NBCE Examination prior to applying to take the Maryland Jurisprudence Examination. The minimum passing score for the Maryland Jurisprudence Examination is 75%.
With Physical Therapy
Applicants seeking physical therapy privileges must have achieved a minimum score of 375 on the NBCE Physiotherapy Examination.
Exam Schedule and Deadlines
All documentation, including application, certificates of moral character, all transcripts, scores and fees, must be received by the Board at least forty five (45) days BEFORE the scheduled examination date (NO EXCEPTIONS/ WAIVERS).
A non-refundable application fee of $200.00 and an examination fee of $300.00 must accompany each application. Fees must be paid by certified check or money order only and made payable to “Maryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners.” No cash or personal checks are accepted.
There are no waivers or exceptions to the foregoing requirements/procedures. An application file will be processed upon receipt of the aforementioned fees. It is the applicant’s exclusive responsibility to ascertain that all application materials, transcripts, and fees have been forwarded to this office to meet the above cited postmark deadline. A Letter of Admission will be forwarded to you as written confirmation that the Board has received and approved your application. You are required to bring that approval letter with you in order to gain admission to the examination. Additionally, at the examination, you will also be required to produce at least one piece of photo identification (preferably a driver’s license or passport).
All applications are subject to a full background check of the applicant, his/her conduct, any administrative or criminal history. All submitted documentation is subject to a full review and verification from the originator.
Application for Licensure by Credentials
Chiropractors practicing for at least 5 years in another jurisdiction may apply as follows for Licensure by Credentialing:
- Have practiced for at least 5 years in another jurisdiction by virtue of passing an exam similar to Maryland’s and not have any disciplinary action.
- Submit the Licensure by Credentialing application fee of $700.00 and licensure fee of $700.00 (Total $1400.00) with the application on the website.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation from 2 licensed chiropractors.
- Have your state Board submit a sealed verification of good practice.
- Take/pass NBCE SPEC and MD Jurisprudence Exams with minimum scores of 75%
- Submit to further administrative/criminal background checks if necessary at Board discretion.
Application For Licensure By Waiver of Requirements for a Visiting Chiropractor
Licensure under this provision is limited to 30 days per calendar year, and solely with and during the organization’s/event’s visit, other requirements include:
- Application/licensure fee is $650.00
- Applicant must hold a current CPR certification at the provider level
- Applicant must provide a written certification from his/her State Board verifying status of practice in good standing
For any questions, please contact the Examination Coordinator, Ms. Bernice Berger, at (410) 764-4726