Board of Professional Counselors
What's New On Our Web Site!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE
- Article - Reporting Child Abuse.
- " Effective January 1, 2014 all new applicants for licensure, certification,and trainee status must have a criminal history records check.
About the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
Welcome to the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Board operates under the Maryland Professional Counselors and Therapists Act, Health Occupations Article, Title 17, Annotated Code of Maryland. The Board is the licensing authority of professional counselors and therapists in the State of Maryland. The Board is mandated to regulate the practice of counseling and therapy by licensing and certifying qualified counselors and therapists, adopting a code of ethics, establishing fees, promulgating regulations for the practice of professional counseling and therapy, verification of credentials, issuances of licenses, establish requirements for and verification of completion of continuing education, investigation of complaints based on alleged violations of regulations and statutes, create committees to advise the Board on special issues and submit an annual report to the Governor and Secretary.
The Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists meets the third Friday of each month, except July and August.
Art Therapy License Applications.
Alcohol and Drug Counselors:
- Please note the new Alcohol and Drug Supervision regulations are now effective as of November 11, 2013.
- Attached are the new supervision regulations for the licensed graduate alcohol and drug counselor and the Master's level Trainee. LGADC and Masters Level Trainees (10.58.13).
- Attached are the new supervision regulations for the certified associate and certified supervised counselors and Trainees. Certification Level (10.58.14).
Alcohol and Drug Approved Supervisor Applications:
Important - MILITARY VETERANS PRIORITY